Accepted to the Disney College Program? Congratulations! Now that you’re *officially* a participant in an upcoming program (well, once you accept the offer and pay the fee anyway), there’s so much to do to get ready. But between the chaos of notifying your college, packing, and moving to Florida/California, one of your must-dos is creating a Disney College Program Bucket List detailing everything you want to see and do while on your Disney College Program.
Need some help creating your Disney College Program bucket list or don’t even know what one is? No worries! This post is packed full of ideas, prompts for more bucket list items, and tips on how to create one.
What is a Disney College Program Bucket List?
A Disney College Bucket List is a list of everything you want to see and do while on your Disney College Program.
Since a program typically lasts for 4 to 7 months (or longer, if you extend your program like I did), you’ll probably want to make it jam-packed full of ideas so that it poses a bit of a challenge; after all, you’ll get to spend a ton of time at the parks, so you need to make that time count!
How to Create a Disney College Program Bucket List
There are several different prompts for inspiration and tips to create your Disney College Program bucket list. Some examples include:
- Watch some DCP Vlogs
- The DCP vlogs will give you a great idea of what a typical day/week in the Disney College Program will look like. They can also give you some ideas of things to put on your Disney College Program bucket list!
- Watch Disney Videos/Commercials
- This is one way for me (a DCP alumni) to get nostalgic, but it’s also a great way for you to get some ideas of things to do while on your program!
- Look through Park Maps and Guides
- Your local library might have a Disney travel guide you can use. But if not, you can always use a Disney Parks map! Look at what activities and rides are at the parks, if there’s anything that’s seasonally available, etc.
- Divide you Bucket List into Sections
- I recommend dividing your bucket list into sections to make it easier to find what you’re looking for while on your program, as well as come up with bucket list ideas before your program. For example, the bucket list below is divided between the parks, the resorts, etc.
- List both “regular” bucket list items, as well as challenges!
- You’ll have plenty of opportunities for “everyday” items on your bucket list, such as watching the parade, so make your bucket list more exciting with some challenges! Whether it’s visiting 4 parks in 1 day or becoming a Wilderness Explorer in 1 Day, you’re sure to create tons of fun challenges for you and your friends while on the Disney College Program.
Ideas For Your Bucket List
- Take a Photo with the Cast Member Door
- Get a Photo on an Empty Main Street, U.S.A.
- Try the Grey Stuff at Be Our Guest
- Complete Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom
- Watch the Rainy Day Parade
- Watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Watch Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire
- Watch the Rope Drop ceremony on the castle stage.
- Complete A Pirate’s Adventure
- Pull the Sword from the Stone
- Ride every “Mountain” in Magic Kingdom in 1 Day
- Earn a Perfect Score on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Make a Wish at Cinderella’s Wishing Well
- Get Pixie Dusted
- Attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- See the Kiss Goodnight Show
- Ride every Attraction in the Magic Kingdom in 1 Day
- Watch Happily Ever After
- Try 1 Food/Drink from each Country in World Showcase
- Try the Beverly
- Ride Mission Green on Mission Space
- Ride Mission Orange on Mission Space
- Try each Scenario on Spaceship Earth
- Visit the Festival of the Arts
- Visit the Flower & Garden Festival
- Visit the Food & Wine Festival
- Visit the International Festival of the Holidays
- Ride every Attraction in Epcot in 1 Day
- Complete Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure
- Watch Illuminations
- Become a Wilderness Explorer
- Ride every Attraction in Animal Kingdom in 1 Day
- Ride in the Front Row on Expedition: Everest
- Ride in the Back Row on Expedition: Everest
- Watch Rivers of Light
- Be an Extra in Indiana Jones Stunt Show Spectacular
- Ride every Attraction in Hollywood Studios in 1 Day
- Ride each version of Star Tours
- Watch Fantasmic
- Watch the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks
- Sit in the Front Row of Rock n’ Rollercoaster
- Sit in the Back Row of Rock n’ Rollercoaster
- Earn a High Score on Toy Story Midway Mania
- Sit in the Front Row on Slinky Dog Dash
- Sit in the Back Row on Slinky Dog Dash
- Become an Honorary Disney Historian (at Walt Disney Presents)
- Watch a Sneak Preview of an Upcoming Movie at the Walt Disney Theater
- Stay at a Disney Resort
- Visit every Disney Resort
- Visit each Resort along the Monorail Loop
- The Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, and the Contemporary
- See the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian
- See the Easter Eggs at the Grand Floridian
- Go to the Fort Wilderness Campfire
- Try the Secret Menu at All-Star Movies
- Try the Beignets at Port Orleans–French Quarter
- Watch the Magic Kingdom Fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian
General Disney Parks Bucket List Items
- Take Photos at Famous Walls around the Parks
- Ride every Attraction
- Take a Backstage Tour
- Visit 4 Parks in 1 Day
- Go to Rope Drop at Each Park
- Disney-Bound around the parks
- Attend Dapper Day
- Sit in the Front Row of a Rollercoaster
- Create a Vlog of your time in the parks
- Celebrate your Birthday (or your Un-birthday)
- Visit each Park on its Anniversary
- Meet every Disney Character
- Meet a Rare Character
- Do a Character Dining Experience
- Collect Pressed Pennies
- Collect an Autograph from each Disney Character
- Try a Mickey Bar
- Try a Dole Whip
- Try a Churro
- Try a Pretzel
- Visit the Waterparks
- Find a Hidden Mickey
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride in Disney Springs
- Attend a Dessert Party
- Collect Transportation Cards
- Ride the Skyliner
- Go on the Friendship Boats
- Ride the Magical Express
- Ride the Monorail
- Take the Ferryboat to Magic Kingdom
- Buy a Limited Edition Pair of Ears
- Buy a Spirit Jersey
- Buy a Collectible Popcorn Bucket
Disney College Program Bucket List Items
- Create Magical Moments
- Get a Photo in Your Work Location
- Exchange Roommate Gifts
- Take a Disney College Program Seminar Course
- Attend a Networking Event
- Attend Grocery Bingo
- Go to a Housing Event
- Attend Graduation
- Get a Photo with Graduation Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Earn some DCP Swag
- Pass Apartment Inspections
- Get a Cast-Exclusive Disney Pin
- Attend Winter Formal
- Attend Starlit Splash
- Pick Up a Shift in a Different Location
- Buy a Trading Pin with your Costume/Work Location on it
How to Create MORE Items for your Bucket List
The great part about creating a Disney College Program Bucket List is that it’s unique to YOU! Here are some questions to get more ideas for your Disney College Program Bucket List:
- What is a must-try food for you at the Disney Parks?
- Popcorn, pickles, churros, candy apples, and more!
- What restaurant experience is a must-try?
- I always recommend Be Our Guest restaurant during lunch; the Triple Chocolate Cupcake is amazing.
- What character do you need to meet during your program?
- This could be a character that meets regularly (such as Stitch) or it could be a rare character that only does visits seasonally, such as the 7 Dwarfs.
- What is 1 souvenir you must get while on your Disney College Program?
- Whether it’s a mug, Funko Pop, or something else, make sure you’re already thinking about it so you can get it when the time is right!
- What special experiences are you wanting to try while at Disney?
- Disney offers so many special experiences at their parks, including backstage tours, dessert parties, and so much more. Before you leave for your program, research what experiences are available and what you’ll need to budget for them.
- What ride is a must-do?
- There are so many incredible rides at the Disney Parks and most likely, you have a must-do ride for your program. Whether it’s Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom or Radiator Springs Racers at California Adventure, give your must-do ride some thought ahead of time so you can head there first once you get your entrance pass!
The Disney College Program provides so many opportunities, including working at the parks, creating magical moments, and (of course) spending your time off in the parks. A bucket list is a great catalyst to make the most of your time in the parks, so hopefully this list, questions, and prompts have provided you with plenty of ideas. And if you’re curious about what my Disney College Program bucket list looked like (and what I did and didn’t accomplish) you can check it out here.
What does your Disney College Program bucket list look like?